ADS BY FOSTERBRAND

'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule

A 37 year-old man, who was arrested alongside a mother of three and four others with 16.51kg narcotics at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, has said he had no regrets over his action, blaming his indulgence on frustration.
Gladys Omari.

The suspect, Okoye Kelvin, was allegedly on the verge of smuggling 10.27kg cannabis to Doha, capital of Qatar, when he was arrested by officials of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA.

He reportedly showed no sign of remorse, saying he opted to take a risk since life itself was a risk.

According to Kelvin: “I was frustrated. When you are frustrated, you can do anything. I took a risk, but I was not lucky. Life is about taking risk.

“It is either you win or you lose. I have worked and suffered as a casual labourer in Doha for two years and I was desperate to change my status.”

On her part, the mother of three, Gladys Omari, who claimed to have left Spain where she lived, owing to financial hardship, was reportedly arrested with 1.670kg of cocaine, which she intended to export to Madrid, Spain.


Gladys Omari

I left my 3 children with a friend—SUSPECT

During interrogation Omari said: “I buy and sell clothes. I lived in Spain for about a decade. I came back to Nigeria because of financial hardship.

“I love to go back to Spain but I do not have enough money. This was how I found myself in drug trafficking. The most painful aspect of my arrest is that I told my friend to look after my children for a few days.

“By my calculation, I thought I could quickly smuggle the drugs to Spain and return within one week. I felt so bad when the drug was detected at the airport.”

Drug In Body Cream

Explaining how the arrest was made, the NDLEA Commander, Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, said one of the suspects was found with liquid cocaine in body cream, while another excreted wraps of cocaine on board the aircraft.

He said: “The suspects include Nwodo Anthony, who was found with 3.260kg liquid cocaine concealed in body cream from Brazil; Ikebalum Ogochukwu , who excreted 36 wraps of cocaine weighing 570 grammes on board the aircraft.

“Madu Okey was caught with 975 grammes of methamphetamine, while going to Tanzania. Attempt by Nnadobe Anthony to smuggle 335 grammes of methamphetamine to South Africa also failed.

“Okoye Kelvin was found smuggling 10.27kg of cannabis to Doha, while the only female suspect, Nwaokolo Gladys Omari, was caught exporting 1.670kg of cocaine to Madrid.”

I Was Promised N1million

Ogochukwu, who excreted wraps of drugs, said: “Life has been unfair to me. First, I lost my father at the age of five and I have been responsible for my upkeep since.

“Last year, I struggled to travel to Brazil with the hope that I would get a good job. I later met a Brazilian who decided to assist me.

“He gave me cocaine and paid for my ticket to Nigeria. He promised to pay me a million naira to start any business of my choice.”
SHARE

Milan Tomic

Hi. I’m Designer of Blog Magic. I’m CEO/Founder of ThemeXpose. I’m Creative Art Director, Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Industrial Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, StartUp Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Photographer. Inspired to make things looks better.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment